If any of my beloved but amoebic readership chance upon this and happen to be in the vicinity of Derry on the night of Saturday, April the 20th, come to Sandinos, the finest Bolshevik-riddled ale-hole on this godforsaken island (I mean that in the best possible sense). My friends Matt & Joe (formerly of Kling Klang & Part Chimp) are starting what promises to be an obnoxiously-good music night called End Boss, the first featuring Dublin, Liverpool & Derry’s finest: TwinKranes, The Left Hand & Strength. Despite having no knowledge of how to do such a thing, I’m arranging the visuals. Expect Jules Verne, Méliès, Cocteau & Vorkapić, early Dada/Surrealist films, Eastern Bloc animations, German Expressionism & deranged advertisements from the ’50’s interspersed with the sound of a grown man crying as he struggles with his neanderthal grasp of technology. Despite all the indications to the contrary, it will be very good craic.
- RT @Fall_of_Civ_Pod: #RuinoftheDay: Chand Baori stepwell in Rajasthan, India. Built in the 9th century by the Pratihara Dynasty to conserv… 5 minutes ago
- I've written a piece for @CityLab on the many lives of Notre-Dame Cathedral & how important it is that historic bui… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @ShanghaiArtDeco: #ZigguratTuesday from Changle Lane (1931) on Liyang Lu in Hongkou, a rare example of a surviving Japanese lilong, now… 3 hours ago
- RT @vladsavov: For a long time I've wondered what I find so alluring and strangely human about Japanese urban scenes, and then someone twee… 4 hours ago
- Saddened & sickened by the killing of @LyraMcKee last night in Derry. The cowards & thugs who did this stole the li… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago